|Important tax time reminders
- Form 1099-R will be mailed to you by January 31, 2013. This form reports taxable income
you received during 2012 from a retirement plan administered by MSRS including your Minnesota Deferred
Compensation Plan (MNDCP), State of Minnesota pension plan, Unclassified Retirement Plan, and Hennepin
County 1% Supplemental Plan. The form also
reports any federal or state income taxes withheld.
To ensure timely delivery of your 1099-R, please
be sure to notify MSRS as soon as possible of any address change.
- Form 1099-R available online in early February: To view or download your 1099-R, log in
to your Account Online (in the left navigation bar). If MNDCP, Unclassified Retirement Plan, or
Hennepin County: Once you have accessed your account online,
you will find your 1099-R under the "My Mailbox" tab, then select "Tax Forms."
- Duplicate statements available: If you have not received your 1099-R by February 8, you
can obtain a duplicate 1099-R on this website or by calling MSRS at 651-296-2761
- Public Safety Premium Withholding. Premiums withheld from your pension or
MNDCP are not reported on a 1099-R. You will receive a separate letter indicating the
premium amount withheld during 2012. If you have not received this letter by February 8,
please contact MSRS at 651-296-2761 or 1-800-657-5757.
- Health Care Savings Plan (HCSP). Contributions and reimbursements are not
reportable on state or federal income tax returns. Exception:
Reimbursements to a non-spousal or non-dependent beneficiary who inherited the account
upon the death of a participant are taxed as ordinary income and therefore, a 1099-MISC
will be issed to the beneficiary.